Monday, September 1, 2014

Julieanne Kost


It is interesting how you can feel a connection to, or understanding of, an artist the moment you see their work. Julieanne Kost is one such artist for me.

The class was given this link to her work on Aug. 25th: 

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-evangelists-julieanne-kost/passing-time-moments-alone

and I felt a real connection to her work. Interestingly enough, before this assignment I saw her composited (a photo combined from several sources) landscape image on page 101 in our book "A Short Course in Digital Photography". 



This is such a totally different type of photography than the collection of images that Kate shared with us that I didn't even realize, until days later, that it was the same photographer. 

Not only do I love both types of her work, I appreciate that she is doing such totally different types of work. I think it's too easy to feel like as a photographer you are supposed to be concentrating on one type of photography. "I take portraits" or "I'm a landscape photographer" or "I use photo shop a lot" or "My work uses no computer image manipulation". She has given herself the freedom to do it all. 

My favorite collection is on her website http://www.jkost.net/  under the heading of "moments taken I". 

No comments:

Post a Comment